The Man cave is finally done.
With the help Andy (Loki) Saunders, who also let me have his paints when he moved over to the droppers.
I now have a lovely shiny new studio to work in.
All new shelving, a good re-organise and quite a ruthless de-cluttering.
I now have a place for everything and everything in it's place.
New work in progress shelves and a damn fine recycled paint rack.
I just need the weather to cool down a bit so I can get in there to do some damn work.
I still have a few small tasks to do in the room, but nothing that can't wait or impact on the final result.
Here is the finished room in all it's glory.
There you have it, all done and tidy (for now).
I even have a space for my lappy whilst I am working.
While Andy was here, we also decided that the games room was in dire need of a sort out.
This had been botched together during the last four years since we moved here.
I used stuff I had moved out of my old cabin to make the games room usable.
Now was the time to make it more practical.
We have spent the last couple of years sorting out our gaming priorities.
This change in scales and rules has made a lot of stuff we had, redundant.
Andy also donated some quality terrain to replace the older stuff we were using.
The trouble was storage.
Space was taken by stuff we never used or needed anymore.
It really was in dire need of a re-vamp.
Andy kindly offered to help pay for the much needed new shelving.
After a session with the tape measure, we toddled off to Lavers and purchased what we needed.
A couple of hours later and "da da daaaaa", we have a better looking, re-organised gaming area.
Even my Mrs says it looks "so much better".
Now we are spending the next few months sorting out all the terrain.
The room still needs re-painting, but that will come later in the year.
As you can see, we have been quite busy.
It was hell in the heat as well, but we got it done.
You can also see the seascape table as a work in progress for the new Naval rules Andy is working on.
Everything is coming together nicely.